St Andrew’s School Uniform Policy
This is deliberately kept simple and is easily available to order either on line or at any high street outlet.
- School or plain sweatshirt or cardigan in purple (branded optional)
- polo shirt or shirt in white or purple (branded optional)
- grey skirt or pinafore, trousers or shorts
- purple and white checked dresses (optional)
- appropriate and sensible footwear (darker colours, no trainers)
- a branded optional purple school coat is also available
Please note: Denim jeans, joggers and leggings are NOT allowed.
Clothing for PE / Games
The following items must be in school in a drawstring bag:
- daps and / or trainers
- shorts – black or blue
- t-shirt – white or purple
- change of underwear/socks (for children in Early Years and other children, if necessary)
Please make sure your child’s / children’s name is on all the items plus the bag.
PE bags are stored in the classrooms so must be as small as possible please.
NB – Please also ensure your child has a pair of named wellies in school at all times
Your child’s name needs to be clearly marked on all items of clothing brought to school. This includes coats, jackets, schoolbag, shoes, gloves etc.
Apart from the possibility of items being lost, jewellery can also cause nasty accidents in school e.g. necklaces, brooches and earrings catching on things. Therefore, the wearing of jewellery is not allowed.
For Health and Safety reasons any child with pierced ears should only wear a stud. These studs must be covered with surgical tape for PE and Games or removed by the pupil themselves.
Long hair should also be tied back during the school day for Health and Safety reasons.
Ordering School Uniform
If you would like order branded items, they can be ordered through the following web address: